Saturday, March 24, 2012

Midterm Week and Oakland 2012 Prep

Wow. Really? My last post was one picture about Tinkerbell? Bahah! Well, I think you all deserve a well-thought out post.


Midterm Week

 

Midterm week at SJSU is no joke. You know what's worse? Having the flu during midterm week! Luckily, my Audiology professor (LOVE her) had her midterm one week before the madness had begun; so I only had midterms on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. It all started on Sunday when I woke up with easily a high fever of 100+F. I ended up missing Emerald Across the Bay 12k, but my better half had convinced me that a hospital bill and missing midterms would be a much less fortunate fate since I don't have health insurance (thanks U.S.A!). I laid in bed all day and slept on & off for about 10 hours. I woke up at 7:00pm and drilled everything I could in my brain, but came 12:00A.M. the Nyquil had started to kick in and I was out. Oh! I forgot to mention that I had a small presentation on Monday as well, I presented, but 'til this day I have no idea what I said. The test was easier than I thought, but then again I couldn't process information for the life of me thanks to the meds from the morning. All I can remember is laughing at my awesome friends, laughing at me. I tried to study on Monday night for Tuesday's huge midterm.... HUGE midterm, but alas I succumbed to the meds and consequently did not do very well on that midterm. After a good session of feeling down & out, I picked myself up and studied for Thursday's midterm. Long story short, Thursday came & went, and I'd rather not think about my results, just hoping for the best! Now, let's get to the fun stuff!

Oakland Running Festival


Other than not running for about two weeks, I'm ready! Now let's be serious, I'm pretty much terrified that I won't finish. I have never not run for this long, and to run 13.1 miles on a whim, that's a bit scary. You may be wondering, why haven't you been running for 2 weeks? Well, let me tell you. Although I was sick this past Sunday... I was also sick (albeit not as bad) the Sunday before that as well! Now back to my story. I went to the expo today and got my number, t-shirt, and free stuff! The forecast for tomorrow calls for showers in the A.M. but it should break as the race is underway! I like to run in the rain so it shouldn't be a problem, I just hope that I don't have another relapse in sickness! Tomorrow I will update (hopefully) with results and my impressions of the course, volunteers, set-up, etc.! Wish me luck! .....I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, you can do it! I'm running the half tomorrow too. Yay race eve!

    ReplyDelete